Kids Plus Accident Insurance
We are offering you the opportunity to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. (iA Financial Group).
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance provides protection against unexpected costs arising from accidental injuries. The program is especially valuable for families who:
- Do not have medical or dental plans,
- Have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- Have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance has a selection of plans to suit most budgets. Benefits include coverage for:
- The full school year (September to September), 24 hours a day, while at home and in school;
- Expenses that are often limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans, or provincial health insurance plans, such as ambulance, physiotherapy, private tutoring, counselling and much more;
- Injury-related dental treatment (including future dental treatment up to age 26);
- Out-of-province or country emergency medical expenses.
If your address changes during the school year, your Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance plan is transferable from school to school, anywhere in Canada.
Insurance premiums for children are $14.50 or $33.50 per year, depending on the plan selected. A discount is available for families with three or more children. Adults, age 20 to 64 can also be insured for $32.00 per year.
For more information or to apply online, please visit kidsplus.ca or speak with a Kids Plus™ Client Service Administrator at 1-800-556-7411.